In the E-Commerce Intensity Index 2015 Year-End Report, as presented in the monthly E-Commerce Monitor 2016 series, it shows up to 45% of revenue and purchasing activities of manufacturing, retail, wholesale, and services sectors were done though e-commerce or electronic transactions.
1,000 supply chain professionals were randomly selected from the top 10,000 corporations of the Philippines as respondents for this research study as updated monthly since August 2013.
Highlights of the overall E-Commerce Intensity Index 2015 are:
- E-Commerce Intensity Index of the Philippines is currently pegged at (least) 10% of our country’s Gross Domestic Product.
- Estimated at one trillion pesos.
- Up to 50% purchases in the manufacturing, retail & wholesale sectors were done online for the year 2015.
- E-Commerce purchasing and sales activities doubled in 2015 for the Services sector.
- Machinery & Equipment, Motor & Transport Equipment, Business & Knowledge Processing are the most e-commerce active sub-sectors to date.